Who are we?
www.theantiqueandvintagewardrobe is a site operated by The Antique and Vintage Wardrobe.
Our trading address is: Ashdown Farm, Little Green, Warmington, Peterborough, PE8 6TS, UK.
Contact tel.: 07539 275 894
Email: [email protected]
Information the Antique and Vintage Wardrobe collects
So that your order can be fulfilled, you must provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a special request to source something specific), if you contact us directly.
If you decide to contact us via this website you will most probably give us your name and email address. Please note that we do not use this information for anything other than the purpose it was given (i.e. to reply to you). We do not keep details any longer than necessary and will not retain email addresses for marketing purposes (we currently do not send out newsletters or offers).
If you contact us directly to purchase an item but choose not to purchase via the website (for example, via Instagram direct message or email), so that your order can be fulfilled, you will be required provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (we accept a bank transfer, cheque (cleared before item is sent), Paypal or iZettle and for this would ask for your email address to send you an invoice), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a special request to source something specific), if you contact me directly.
Why your information is required and how it is used
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law,
As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
The Antique and Vintage Wardrobe does not use your personal information other than for answering your questions, or for fulfilling your order and for resolving any issues related to the order. We currently do not have a mailing list.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about customers is important to our business. We would only share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers: We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as payment gateways and delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Business transfers: If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
Compliance with laws: We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the UK and EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. We will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons. Please note that we do not use your information for marketing or advertising.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
Complaints: If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us via us via email: [email protected]
If you If you reside in the UK or EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority. In the UK complaints can be lodged with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
Information Commissioner’s Office
ICO helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
- Essential Website/Session Cookies: These are strictly necessary cookies that enable our site to function as intended.
- Analytical/ Performance Cookies: These enable our website provider (Create) to monitor the performance of our site to ensure that everything is functioning correctly.
- Functionality Cookies: These enable customers to be recognised when they return to our site in order to improve their user experience. (We currently do not have a facility for buyers to have a user account with us.)
- Links to third parties: Our website includes widgets that enable you to interact with The Antique and Vintage Wardrobe's social media feeds. (Instagram and Facebook). When clicked you will be taken to the relevant third-party website. The social widgets may collect browsing data which may be received by the third-party that provided the widget. Please refer to the Facebook and Instagram privacy and cookie policies for further information.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of UK data protection law, The Antique and Vintage Wardrobe is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us via our Contact Us page or via email: [email protected]
The Antique and Vintage Wardrobe, Ashdown Farm, Warmington, PE8 6TS, United Kingdom
Last updated on 10th June 2021.